It’s Friday and the weekend is here! The general population is looking to see what parties and other weekend plans they can get involved with, but at We Are NYC RC, we are looking to see what runs we can get into! And this is the life of a runner!! (haha)!
Don’t worry, we have ya covered! But be warned, both of our offerings will require you to wake up early so if you were looking to catch up on zzzz’s this weekend, do it after you run!
Saturday 8/11 – Summer Streets Run (led by Marjorie!)
Each year in the first three weeks of August, New York City shirts down certain portions of the city for recreation and fun. This Saturday, Park Avenue from 72nd street down to Centre street by City Hall will be closed to traffic. We are having a run that will run thru the closed streets. The entire stretch is 7 miles but if you need to do more you can always run back or a portion back. Bring some cash and a metro card to buy water along the route. Meeting details below! Run will happen rain or shine!
- When- Saturday 8/11/18
- Time- 7:15am (Run happens rain or shine!)
- Meeting Location- Chase bank (corner of 72nd street & Lexington Avenue)
- Route- Start at 72nd st & Lex, go over to Park Avenue, go left on Park Avenue and run straight downtown (approx 7 miles!)
Sunday 8/12 – TCS Marathon Training Series – 15 mile run sponsored by New York Road Runners
If the weather holds up, join us and thousands of other runners as we do three loops of the 5 mile loop in Central Park as the preparation continues for the TCS NYC Marathon. As of the writing of this post, there are still spots open for this training run. Sign up here if you are interested!
Over 30 of our members have signed up for this training run and we will be meeting before the race in “Race Day Central”. More info below!
- When- Sunday 8/12/18
- Meetup 6:15-6:45am / Race starts @ 7:00am
- Location- Central Park 102st Tranverse and East drive
- Route- 5 mile loop in Central Park 3 times!
- Meetup Location- look for softball field 8- we will be on the concrete path on the 3rd bass/left field side of field 8
- Hope to see many of you this weekend and if not, have a great RUNNING weekend!