We will be back at Central Park Thursday Night!
Good morning to all of you wonderful and motivated runners out there! We have made it to Wednesday and now it’s time to get over the hump! Sometimes you need a little push to do that and we have that for you! Let’s put some running on your calendar for the rest of the week!
Thursday – Central Park Run!
It’s become a staple every week with We Are NYC Running Club since the beginning of 2018. This Thursday we get together once again. We’ve dubbed this run “Positive Vibes, Smiles and Miles” because that is what you can come to expect when you come to one of these! We will be doing anywhere from 5-7 miles in the park on Thursday. As always all paces are welcomed and we will be running rain or shine!
• WHAT- Weekly group run in the park (5-7 miles)
• WHERE- Meeting at NYRR Run Center (320 West 57th street, New York, NY 10019)
• WHEN – Thursday, August 16, 2018
• TIME- Meet at Run Center at 6pm / depart for run at 6:15pm
• OTHER INFO- Lockers are available at the run center. No lock is required as lockers are smart lockers. Please bring your own water. Run should be over by 7:45pm
Saturday – Running Tour of NYC
Start from the top of Manhattanan and run to the bottom (Photo Credit – Tobias)
One of our members had a vision for years of running from the top of Manhattan Island to the very bottom of it. His dilemma was he wasn’t quite ready to do that and he didn’t want to do it alone. Since joining We Are NYC Running Club, our member Tobias has gotten faster and has built his endurance to be able to tackle the miles needed to carry out this run. Now he wants to share it with you all!
The run stats at 7:00am on Saturday at 9th avenue and Broadway starting at the Broadway Bridge. The closest MTA subway station is the 1 Train vía the 225th street station. The run will snake thru Manhattan while hitting several landmarks and nice photo opportunities. The run will culminate at Bowling Green. Total mileage is expected to be around 17 miles. You can join us for the whole thing or for just a portion of it. As always, all paces are welcomed!
• WHAT- Running Tour of NYC (approx 17 miles)
• WHERE- Meeting at Broadway Bridge (Broadway & 9th avenue)
• WHEN – Saturday August 18, 2018
• TIME- Meeting at 6:45am and starting run at 7:00am
• OTHER INFO- With as much as 17 miles expected to be run, bring your own nutrition and hydration. Since we are running thru Manhattan you can always stop in at a store to buy water/gatorade.
More info on the route that this run will take will be posted on this site by Friday. One thing you can be sure of is that you will get your miles in and you will see some NYC sites while doing it!
Tobias along with some of the members during the First Running Tour of Manhattan Run!
Sunday – France Run Central Park
On Sunday, New York Road Runners will be sponsoring an 8k race called the France Run in Central Park. The race is sold out but you can still come out and cheer on those runners that will be tackling the 8k! Race time is 8:00am!
Finally, if you want to sport a team shirt or tank top, those are always available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week on our team store!
These nice race day tank tops are on sale now in our team store – see link above!